Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kristin Lavransdatter

This is a book which was recommended to me by a friend. As I make it a point to read all books that are recommendations (since I assume other people found them interesting) I spent some time reading this book at leisure. the author Sigrid Undset won the Nobel Prize in literature for this and other books in the series ( The Wife, The Cross) which chronicles the life of Kristin Lavransdatter, a young woman living in 14th century Norway.

The detailing is exquisite - the background is almost as wonderful as the storyline. It is a beautiful tale of love and family in Norway, of one girl's choices in love, which make her the woman she becomes and shapes the rest of her life.

This should be a book that all woman read. I highly recommend it, and the two sequels.

No comments: