Sunday, February 10, 2008

Kennedy's Brain

There are some books you read and put aside thinking "Why did I bother?" Unfortunately Henning Mankell's book "Kennedy's Brain" is such a book - at least to me. I read Henning Mankell; I like his Inspector Wallander mysteries.

To me, this book only asks the somewhat philosophical question about whether anyone cares how the people of African nations live or die. There is a murder mystery, but no-one knows who committed a murder or whether there was even a murder.

Some descriptions of Mozambique where part of the novel is set are very vivid, but that's about the only thing I have to say in praise of this book. I just don't like the story, especially how it leaves the reader hanging at the end.

Is there a part 2? Otherwise can someone please explain the ending of this book to me?

No comments: